Cat D5K2 S/N: KY205628 On Cat SIS Group #: 399-9109 Hoses: 418-9141 and 445-4720 When we took them off the plastic retaining clips on the end of the lines, they snapped. I'm looking to see if they are offered seperate from the line, or if there is another good way to secure the lines.
They are GM fuel line clips you can get them from NAPA or auto parts stores they are also available from the Cat dealer but my part numbers are at work and I won’t be back there until next week. Parts counter clerk will probably have a hard time finding them. I keep a supply in my box because when I go to remove the lines it’s faster to break the cheap clip and replace.
Only available as part of the Hose Assembly unfortunately. Even looking at resources other than SIS the individual parts that make up the hose are not listed separately. It will be bought in by Cat as an assembly from an outside supplier.
I ordered some from Napa. I’ll see if they’re correct tonight.
These are Cat part numbers for them. I just found them online from the Instagram page I originally got them from. 424-6231 Black 424-6232 White
Not listed under KY2 prefix but they are listed as separate to other hose Part Numbers for the DEF lines on other tractors such as D6K2. Weird thing is that there is no Service Mag or other document announcing their availability separate to the Hoses.
Well now they ain’t gonna make it easy on us. And calling it a “button” of all things.
Another Cat "design feature" - designed to ***k you up.............
LMAO!
The ones from Napa worked, but I'm definitely keeping those Cat part numbers in my arsenal. Thank you everyone for the help.