Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5M LGP codes

Supercomp517 ยท 2016-10-04 22:25

Hi All, I'm curious about some codes on my new to me '99 dozer. It seems to run and operate fine, no problems that I can tell SN: D5M 3CR01449 030 0248.02 030 0271.05 030 0271.06 030 0324.06 030 0096.03 030 0110.08 I just got the Operation and Service manual but that's obviously not going to help with these I really think there is a short somewhere because all of the lights on the bottom row will flash and light up, but only occasionally, then they go away. They may come back on for 2 seconds and then stay off for 10 min. or stay on for 1-2 min and go away. I just thought some descriptions of these codes would be helpful if it's not too much trouble. I used the search function here but didn't get any real answers Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Mark2502016-10-05 05:28

    248 02 Data link erratic signal 271 05 action alarm low current 271 06 action alarm high current 324 06 action lamp high current 096 03 fuel level sensor high signal voltage 110 08 engine coolant sensor abnormal signal I agree with you possible harness issues. I would clear all inactive faults and monitor what is logged from this point on to help with diagnosis if you need an electrical schematic please let us know Mark

  2. #2Supercomp5172016-10-05 11:23

    Thank you so much Mark for taking the time to reply! A schematic would absolutely be helpful. My plan would be to disconnect and clean all of the harness connections that I can easily get to. What is the method for resetting the codes? Is it a pin to pin jumper?

  3. #3Mark2502016-10-05 16:14

    here is a electrical sch pdf and the code clear procedure using jumper links the 4 pin connector is under the dash you cant miss it View attachment D5M SENR8492SENR8492_01_SIS.pdf Mark

  4. #4Supercomp5172016-10-05 22:17

    THANKS!!! Maybe I can return the favor one day. Glad people still help strangers with answers