Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Retrofitting a ripper

Passionhawk1 ยท 2016-10-04 02:35

Question: Is it possible to retrofit a 4-barrel ripper onto either a D9G or D9H that was not sold originally with a ripper? I understand that controls and hoses would also need to be installed. I ask this because tractors without rippers are generally modestly priced. This would seem to be an alternative.

Replies4
  1. #1hvguy2016-10-04 04:26

    I don't know why not, go about it the same way the manufacturer did.... Weld it on, plumb the hoses, bob's your uncle.

  2. #2Nige2016-10-04 04:41

    A ripper on a 9G or 9H is a bolt-on. As you say it would need the control valve, lines, etc, etc. It would not be difficult to do, finding the parts might be the most difficult.

  3. #3Passionhawk12016-10-04 15:24

    Thanks so much for responding. I'll go looking for a 4-barrel ripper.

  4. #4Passionhawk12016-10-04 22:24

    So if a ripper on a 9G and a 9H are bolt-on, will a D9H 4-barrel ripper fit on a D9G?