Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5m LGP value

illinoisboy ยท 2016-08-07 11:27

Any Idea what an early 2000's model d5m LGP is worth? 4700 hours.New uc 400 hours ago. Open rops. Very nice shape.

Replies10
  1. #1Dickjr.2016-08-07 12:27

    My method to look up value , I look at machinery trader in the for sale at comparable machines. Then I look at Ritchie Bros auction results. Between the asking sale price and the actual paid auction price you can get a feel for what the market price should be. Off the top of my head , I'm saying around 30 grand.

  2. #2John C.2016-08-07 12:48

    Be careful. Those machines had a bunch of electrical issues with speed sensors and such on the transmission. Replacing speed sensors usually involves pulling the transmission.

  3. #3illinoisboy2016-08-07 12:54

    I see a lot with 8000 hours in the 40-45 range. If only 30, these things def don't hold their value like everyone thinks they do. I would rather have a another dresser or komatsu but hard to find one with low hours

  4. #4illinoisboy2016-08-07 13:00

    The only ones I could find around 30000 had over 10000 hours on them; 0

  5. #5Dickjr.2016-08-07 17:06

    Look at Ritchie Bros Auctions. In all reality , if you like it and think its a solid machine , and you are satisfied with the price that's all that matters. I had a D5MXL for about 3 years and liked it ok. The one thing , it had the FTC which was nice but I did have a little trouble with it. The other thing to look at is the blade carrier , ours came loose , there was a service bulletin from Cat on this. These are popular around here with farmers. They are capable machines , but any machine in that weight and horsepower would be comparable. I'm running a Komatsu dozer now and a Cat loader so I'm not one of these brain washed people that has to have this or that. Put up some pics of it , lots of the u/c etc.

  6. #6illinoisboy2016-08-07 18:15

    I should note, I have owned it for three years, I'm not buying one, ,,I'm selling mine! I have never has one issue with it at all, it's ran flawless. I just don't like the cats as well as I thought I would. I'm actually buying my komatsu back that I sold when I bought this.

  7. #7Dickjr.2016-08-07 20:51

    Well then by golly lets see some pics of this bad boy and get her sold! Seems to be a sellers market. Does it have the higher horsepower rating?

  8. #8illinoisboy2016-08-08 00:43

    No clue, 120 horse I think.I will put over in the sale forum if I can get a price down.

  9. #9illinoisboy2016-08-09 23:47

    Got it sold. Now to find a komatsu or dresser

  10. #10Dickjr.2016-08-10 22:03

    By golly you have the best of luck. I happen to know a good Komatsu Dresser dealer if you need a machine. I was interested but never seen it in the for sale forum. Just PM me if you need a list of machines for sale. I know they have a D65EX-17 for the mid 150s. Its nice , I've ran it a few hours. I know of a 39EX as well , hit me up.