Have a new active transmission code that we've not seen before 113-0681-05. I have the service manual but it's in the shop and it's cold out there. Google was no help. Can someone tell me what this code references? We have one of the park brake solenoids unplugged because she's been hanging up so we're used to seeing codes for that occasionally (not all the time). As long as we keep that unplugged everything basically works normally. WTH?
You should really do the troublehsooting procedure specific to the Code in orser to isolate the problem and fix it. There is one in the Service Manual. I would offer to send it to you but I'm just about to go offline for a few days. If no-one else here can help try asking your Cat dealer Service Dept to print you a copy of the procedure.
Thanks nowing75 and Nige. I agree Nige I should follow the troubleshooting procedure and I've got the service manual in the shop so I will definitely do that. This code isn't one we've had before so I was curious. Really head scratcher is that 113-0681-03 is also active. That one we've had before and it's for low voltage at the park brake solenoid. The dozer operates normally, but like I said we have the park brake solenoid (or at least one of them because if I remember there are two) unplugged. We unplugged it because periodically the park brake would lock down. This would happen at random times and never at convenient times. Thanks again for you guys help. It's a work in progress and we won't have a ton of time to investigate over the next few weeks.
If you want to get rid of the code plug the coil back in and then take the coil off the stem of the valve. The valve won't activate that way and the ECM won't see any problems.
Good idea. We can try that for sure. I just need to put some grease or something on the valve stem and then cover it some way to keep it from getting cruddy.
113-0681-03:and 05 both relate to the same component, they are just different failure modes and each one of them has its own dedicated diagnostic process. You may find after doing the diagnostic that it could be that the valve is the problem not the solenoid. What gets me a bit twitchy is pulling something off a brake system just to getvrid of a troublesome Diagnostic Code.
On my d5m all solenoids are the same for brakes and steering u can swap them ...but ill bet its the stem and u can take them apart and clean make sure the lil ball bearing sits on top of small tiny pin u have to turn them upside down to make sure they don't slip beside pin