Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5N blade racks

whitemike ยท 2013-02-26 21:40

I need to add length to my worn blade rack. how far below blade cutting edge is rack suppose to hang?

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2013-02-27 08:28

    I'm not sure I understand you, the cutting edge should protrude below the structure of the blade, not the other way around as you seem to be suggesting. Can you post a picture of your blade as it is right now..?

  2. #2whitemike2013-02-28 06:53

    I just used blade cutting edge as a referance point. The blade rack points hang down below cutting edge so u don't get dirt in trash your pushing. Now mine is worn and only 6" is below edge, I want to add more but I don't know exa ct amount that should protrude below blade befor cutting edge icontacts soil.

  3. #3mitch5042013-02-28 11:37

    OHHH, You're talking about a rake. Is this a pin-on? Usually they seem to be about a foot, but I've seen real long ones and short ones. There are so many makers and designs of rakes.

  4. #4Motat2013-03-01 02:36

    The problem with clip on rakes ,is that they dont lift high enough above ground,and when seperating soil from wood you need to lift and roll material several times before the pile. At best they are 2nd best,but better than nothing. Just remember the longer the teeth ,the less lift . Regards

  5. #5whitemike2013-03-02 07:23

    You are correct , another problem with too much length is points hanging up on lowboy when loading, we let blade down, back up and put 4x4 in the gap, when blade is picked up it will give u several more inches of clearance . We do have a rubber tired john deere we do most raking with but sometimes the d5 goes out to small jobs and it carrying its own rake works well. But points are worn bad and befor we add to them I wanted to hear from others what length worked well for them. So thanks for all the comments.