Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Our D9H

UrParts ยท 2013-02-27 07:30

This is our 1979 Cat D9H after it had a bath. Not bad looking for a 34 year old dozer

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies17
  1. #1robin yates uk2013-02-27 07:36

    great looking machine, a big credit to you:drinkup

  2. #2plantman.uk2013-02-27 07:50

    Nice bit of kit....i wonder what that old seat feels like....i was on an old one once and that hurt my arse....ended up bringing a piece of foam to sit on..still not comfortable... but still a nice d8...yours looks very nice

  3. #3Nige2013-02-27 08:30

    Nice looking piece of kit, obviously very well cared-for. Are you planning on doing the undercarriage any time soon, those grousers look awful low..?

  4. #4Multiracer2013-02-27 08:31

    Still seeing yellow paint on the blade surface suggest very low hours or was it re-painted ? Nice looking machine. Ron

  5. #5UrParts2013-02-27 08:37

    We only bought it before Christmas for an overseas customer who then backed out of the deal and left us with it. I'm not too upset though as she is so nice. I'm sure someone else will come along for it. I will probably leave the pads as they are and let the next owner change them if they want. We didn't repaint it ourselves but I think it was done a few years ago. The old machines really just keep going and going. I think this dozer will still be working somewhere in the world in 20 years time.

  6. #6OldandWorn2013-02-27 09:12

    Sweet

  7. #7DPete2013-02-27 10:20

    Looks good and well cared for. Always like to see people take pride in their equipment

  8. #8salkan2013-02-27 13:01

    how many yards will that beauty push thanks

  9. #9tctractors2013-02-27 13:49

    Nice looking tractor, but the blade is hooked up incorrectly in the bottom blocks where its hitched to the push frame.

  10. #10Nige2013-02-27 14:03

    Well spotted Tony. That blade will only tilt one way but not the other with the blocks between the push arms & the blade installed that way.

  11. #11ROGER4822013-02-27 14:36

    Now that is tidy, cannot see our's looking like that at that age.......you sure it aint been in a shed for 20 yrs

  12. #12d4c24a2013-02-27 15:06

    the same machine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_mSEPAEdRc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRGJt9-2AG8

  13. #13tctractors2013-02-27 16:03

    Well after the blade gets put square it might be worth fitting the 1 track on the correct way to make it look the part??? I love the Wing Mirror, this could be handy

  14. #14oregon96pd2013-02-27 19:02

    And replace the guard next to the sprocket...... Wonder how long it took em to figure out where to put all the cat decals, only sixteen of them.

  15. #15UrParts2013-03-01 06:00

    Thanks for the Tips regarding the blade. I will ask the fitter to sort it out. Also well spotted on the you-tube clip. here is one we took a few weeks ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BU8TaYaqOzM# !

  16. #16UrParts2013-03-01 09:41

    Thanks for the Tips regarding the blade. I will ask the fitter to sort it out. Also well spotted on the you-tube clip. here is one we took a few weeks ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BU8TaYaqOzM

  17. #17Steve Frazier2013-03-01 09:52

    Thread closed. Please see our advertising policy on the "Rules " page.