Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5n lpg bottom

southernman13 ยท 2014-12-11 06:33

Any idea on approx cost to redo a undercarriage on one of these? Parts only rails,sprockets, rollers, idlers, pads etc. thanks

Replies4
  1. #1chrisbowles2014-12-14 20:43

    I would guess around 17k to 19k. I did mine 3 years ago, and I got about 500 hrs left on it. So I will be finding out first hand around mid summer.

  2. #2southernman132014-12-15 03:24

    That's parts only. Wow pretty costly. Thanks

  3. #3Nige2014-12-15 06:35

    Best bet is to shop around for deals. Often a Cat dealer can match aftermarket prices with undercarriage that will in all probability last longer than aftermarket. Just remember that cheapest isn't always best .......... although maybe I need to qualify that statement with a caveat that to a great extent it depends on how many hours/year you're putting on the tractor.

  4. #4southernman132014-12-15 07:26

    I was curious because I know of one for sale that's gona need a bottom. Thanks