Hi, I have a D5N xl which has had the ecm replaced. It was flashed with an updated flash file and appears to be working again. There are two issues: 1. The blade angle on the pat blade will not work. Does the thumb switch need to be enabled in the ecm somehow? 2. The steering and direction (fwd and rev) changes are harsher than they used to be. Is there a way to adjust these? Any help in fixing these would be appreciated. Serial number is AGG01460
Was the ECM flashed after being installed on the machine, or flashed remotely and simply installed on the machine and you were off & running..? Is the machine showing any Service Diagnostic Codes.? In other words is the SERV CODE light (RH side of the message window) illuminated.? Can't answer your questions straight off, but I suggest the following. What you really need is a Product Status Report. This is taken from the ECM using ET. It will show all the parameters such as the ones you are asking about are activated/deactivated, or require calibration. I do know that the FWD/REV control can be calibrated, and suspect it's likely that your replacement ECM has no stored calibration for this parameter.
Thanks for getting back to me. The ecm was flashed out of the machine with the most up to date flash file from CAT. 2 codes as follows 030 0248.02 036 0091.02 The first code can't seem to be cleared using et. The second code appeared when I started the machine without the trottle switch connected. There have been some wiring issues with this machine which we think is what caused the ecm to fail.
When you scroll through the two Codes above is the SERV CODE icon illuminated for either (or both) of them..? If so, which.? Flashing the ECM out of the machine can sometimes lead to parameters being mal-adjusted or even left out totally. What is the current Flash file Part Number..? 030 0248.02 is the Datalink for the Monitor not receiving information. 036 0091.02 is incorrect throttle switch inputs. I sent you the Electrical Schematic.
I'll have to get the part number off the service tech when he comes back this week. The machine used to be fitted with accugrade system but much of the equipment has been stripped out of the machine. A lot of the wiring is still in the machine but is coiled up under the floor. Would this have something to do with the blade control and data link codes? Is there a procedure to disable the accugrade system. The thinking is that this may need to be disabled again.
I was asking about the Flash File Part Number out of interest more than anything. Accugrade functions as a stand-alone system and I'm reasonably sure that any issues with it will not affect the basic machine. You mentioned wiring issues having likely taken out the previous ECM. Unless you want to throw money away on a 3rd ECM it would pay you to invest some time & effort in fixing those wiring issues PDQ. Here's the troubleshooting procedure for the Datalink Diagnostic Code. It will be impossible to erase the Code if it is active, it'll have to be t/shot & repaired first. You'll need that electrical schematic I sent you. Let me know if the Throttle Switch Code lights up the SERV CODE icon. If it does I'll send you a procedure for that as well.
The 248 code is active. The service tech was unable to clear the 248 code when he was here last week to put the ecm in. The 0091 code is not active. We ran some new wiring for the circuits in that harness. So hopefully have fixed that.
Try that troubleshooting procedure that I posted earlier and see where it takes you.