Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D6m Cab swap orops to erops

mr hatt · 2021-01-09 13:49

I bought a cab off of a d5m dozer to put on my d6m. After a run in with some bees and constantly eating dust I'm ready to make a change. Has anybody done this and if so any tips or advice for this project? I have a service truck with an 8K crane so that should help things significantly. The erops cab does have AC and I am supposed to get the compressor and the hoses.

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2021-01-09 14:06

    I suppose the first question is are you sure it will fit coming from a different model of tractor.? If you like, post a Serial Number and I can look up what the Part Number of the cab should be for your tractor.

  2. #2mr hatt2021-01-09 14:12

    Serial number should be 3WN02527 for that D6M. Best i can tell from looking several of this models share the same cab and a number of components. I am certain enough on the cab that for $4k it's worth a stab at it.

  3. #3Nige2021-01-09 15:20

    You’re right. It seems as though the 106-6397 Cab that would have been fitted to a 3WN-prefix tractor around the same Serial Number as yours is also common with a large number of D5M models. On the face of it the swap should be relatively straightforward.

  4. #4Tyler d4c2021-01-09 15:24

    Worst thing I can think of is do you have enough parts to get the air conditioning to work

  5. #5mr hatt2021-01-09 18:28

    Since they guy i'm buying the cab from is parting out the dozer he is supposed to get me everything for the ac system. Looks like th evaporations and condenser are all cab mounted so I think it's just the compressor and lines that I need and those should come with it. I appreciate you taking the time to look up the cab fitment for me Nige.

  6. #6Nige2021-01-09 18:33

    Here's what the aircon lines should look like on your machine. I was going to say make sure the guy parting the machine sends the accumulator along with the lines and the compressor but TBH when the system is re-gassed and PAG oil is put in the compressor you'd be better with a new accumulator.

  7. #7361brock2021-01-10 10:40

    Ask about the fabric seat, your open rops has a vinyle seat. Also get the floor mat.