My D5n has several transmission service codes.... 2004 model... codes are 113-0668.12 0672.02 0673.02 0697.06 0269.04 will the transmission have to be removed to deal with these and how hard is it to remove the tranny? Thanks Ted
A Serial Number would help narrow the field down a tad. Which of the Codes are Active and which are Logged.? Most of the answers can be found in the sticky Click Box thread in the shop Talk forum. Once you know which ones are Active please post back.
Thank you I will retrieve that info later today and post back!
And don’t forget to post the Serial Number....... To save you time, scroll the list of codes you posted, and watch for the SERV CODE icon in the RH side of the window to light up (or not). The Active Codes are the ones where it lights up.
Serial number is D5NEAGGO1698 Only one fault active 113-0697.06
I forgot to mention that when I shift gears with the little buttons it only seems to have two speeds...
That is for the Priority Valve, not the transmission. Attached is the troubleshooting procedure. Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the Electrical Schematic. It will assist you in Troubleshooting, not least in locating the connectors and identifying which wire is which. Go to Page 3 of the Click Box thread and read posts 50-52. You can erase all the Logged Codes on the Monitor with no more than 2 pieces of wire and a couple of Deustch pins once you complete the troubleshooting - HeavyEquipmentForums We'll get to the lack of a 3rd gear once this issue is solved. It may be nothing more than 3rd gear has been electronically inhibited by a previous owner to stop operators travelling at excessive speeds. We do it to all our tractors when they're new.
Thank you Nige...I can't find a private message button to message you and I don't have your email
My email is [email protected]
Thanks sooo much for the schematics!!!Hoping to check out soon..supposed to warm up a little after today...I will post back the results!
if you have any questions post back here. I suggest that you familiarize yourself with all the component and harness connector locations plus wire reference numbers and colours before starting the troubleshooting procedure. What it might pay you to do is read the Click Box thread and have a bash at erasing the Logged Codes that you have in the Monitor using the "2 pieces of wire" method.
Hello Nige, I found the priority valve under the floor board...now trying to find the wiring connectors. There is a harness and connector just under the back of the floor board. It has 5 small wires and someone had covered with silicone but some were bare. When I got all the silicone off all five wires were bare. One side goes back under seat under floorboard and the other goes down below the priority valve but its so congested under there I can't tell where it goes. Hopefully these bare wires are the problem.
Was the problem the bare wires?
I separated all the wires...taped them up...checked the codes again and all had disappeared but had a new fault code that has to do with transmission solenoid pressure....so I'm assuming the bare wires were part of the problem. I got sick with a bad ear infection shortly after and haven't had time to do any more checking. Thanks for asking!