Here's a few pictures of my D6 9U I thought I'd share with you guys. I bought it from a fellow I drove truck for many years ago. It had a blown engine so I got it for next to nothing. I found another engine and put 'er in. I also relined the brakes, replaced the steering booster and rad over time. Now I have a nice little dozer that does everything I ask of it. It's old, loose and worn but it still works and for what little I do with it it's just great! I haven't found a tree it wouldn't pull yet! I've used it to recover a dead TD14, pull trees, build roads and move gravel in my little quarry. Here's a bunch of pictures from when I first found it to more recently! Enjoy!
More...
And the last batch for now...
Nice machine. Looks familiar to me.... I have the same one, with rounded "forestry" ROPS. Pics on this thread, page 4.
looking good, it has been a few years since you have had the d6 9u out. thansk KoO Published Author
You really need to send that picture and story to a certain redpower member who seems to think the world of the sad little td14s........ the king knows who I mean.
Egoman, are his initials CC? If so I know who you mean too! King, yes it's been a while for sure... Now that I'm single again I can do all the things I "Wasn't allowed" to do!
Just for the heck of it here are some more pictures of the TD14 recovery... The TD14 came to me through a friend who rented his excavator to this guy who bought a property that the 14 was sitting on. I knew the previous owner of the property but he wanted way more pesos for the machine than it was worth. When this new guy came into the picture the dozer was considered an eyesore of no value! My friend Bob knows I love old iron so he tells me I should go have a chat with this guy. So over to his house I go! He told me I could take the 14 as long as I spread 2 loads of dirt with my D6 while I was there to get it! It took more time to fish the 14 out of the hole it was in than to spread the dirt. The last picture shows what it looked like when I first went to talk to the guy. I had planned to fix the machine and use it but along came a pretty young blonde thing and....................... Now that she's gone I wish I still had the 14... Oh well...