Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6 9u compatible engines

seansparks · 2018-10-05 17:31

Hi all I am looking to change the engine in the 9u. She has a loud knocking in the rear cylinder and I cannot find a new crankshaft so just seeinf if any othe engines will fit. I have heard the 3306 is a match. Any input is much appreciated Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1old-iron-habit2018-10-05 21:43

    There are many 318s in other equipment out there such as Cat 12 graders, midsized cranes and draglines, and various power units. The accessories are different, most have different injection pump settings, some have different style water pump, and the oil pump is different in these other engines. However the basic engine blocks are the same so as long as your bolt on the external components from your 9U is OK it should be a easy swap. Or talk to Junkyard. He may set you up with a complete machine. On second thought after seeing where you are from, I guess Junkyard in Oklahoma is a bit far for you.

  2. #2Junkyard2018-10-05 22:32

    I had the same thought until I saw he was down where the toilets spin the other way!

  3. #3seansparks2018-10-07 05:38

    Hello and thank you for your replys...yes in the land down under here and dont have the availability of the older machines you have over there...I am basically looking for a crank but that seems just as difficult as another engine. Have been trying to get her going for a few years and now have the knock...looks to be about 100 thou under size... Thanks again for the info

  4. #4Queenslander2018-10-07 06:22

    Tried Tilly’s?... they’re showing two 9Us on their website at the moment.