Just got a D6 9U I am going through the machine after a couple of hours of running. Cracked manifold, loose pin receivers/pins, paint, grease, oils, loose treads I adjusted the brakes, fixed some minor issues, welded the manifold, tightened various things up. Machine has an electric start put on but still has pony installed, I am not sure about its condition yet. Machine has an aux hydraulic system for blade tilt added, just a log splitter control.
Curious as to how the tilt circuit is plumbed. Normally the #46 hydraulic control only has one circuit. Is it an add on pump? Would like to see pictures.
Pictures Any fluid recommendations for hydraulic clutch assist, final drives, transmission, clutches?
Original spec was 30wt engine oil in the steering clutch booster and main oil clutch, 90wt gear oil in finals and transmission and bevel gear compartment.
Previous owner put an aux pump inline with the main then a reservoir and control on right side of operator's seat. I will get some pics to put up tonight and will have video of the machine up close to show mods, it works really well. Main point is to angle for digging tree roots before pushing the tree down.
Thanks for the pics. A little different version with cut down/gutted generator belt driving a alternator and coupled to a pump.
i suspect you could come up with a better tightener for the alternator