I've inherited an older D6 9U dozer from my father in law. It was last ran about 5 years ago, and has set in this same spot since then. It was a good running dozer when it was parked. I'm familiar with older diesel farm tractors, but not something quite this old. This is an electric start, not pony. What is the best way to prime the injection pump on these? Engine oil looks good. Coolant looks good. Anything from a stuck clutch standpoint to worry about? I've watched a video on the clutch / reverser /startup operation of the machine, but I've never run one before. Any other tips or checklist to look at before trying to start the machine?
Looks like a D6B to me, not a 9U.
Looks like you are right. I see that now on the SN plate. Here is a pic of the SN. Is that older or newer than a 9U? Sorry, I'm not very familiar with the CAT line. Also, would the starter be 24v or 12v?
Yes, that's a D6B which is the next D6 after the 9u. Should be 24v.