Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4G coupling between engine and drive failed

TreyC84 · 2022-09-12 20:34

Had to have Cat come out and run its test.. The problem is the worst. Wishing it was the cheaper one. Does anyone have the part # needed for this dozer Last eight of vin TLX00422.. They explained to me I had 2 choices, pull motor or go threw back and pull pump motors.. Does anyone have Cats break down on pulling motor to fix this problem i can download. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1ahart2022-09-12 20:49

    102-1733 for the plastic flange and 191-8923 for the steel hub. Pulling the engine is definitely the easiest way to do this job, otherwise you would have to remove the rear engine mount plate which would require supporting the engine in frame.

  2. #2TreyC842022-09-12 21:06

    Thanks.....Cat estimated 33 hrs for job.. never pulled motor out of a dozer. How big of pain is the job?

  3. #3Tyler d4c2022-09-12 21:19

    If I was in a hurry and had a fire under me I bet I could do it in 12 ish assuming I found no other little things to fix or wash or clean.

  4. #4ahart2022-09-13 04:32

    I’ll try to get you the step by step. It isn’t difficult as long as you have a means to lift it out.

  5. #5Nige2022-09-13 05:54

    Here's the step by step. If you want any other info such as the R&I for the fan/guard which is mentioned as being required before you start to remove the engine/pump assembly please ask. You'll need something capable of lifting just over 1000 pounds.

  6. #6TreyC842022-09-13 08:13

    Thanks, after looking at the steps. I'm assuming I'll have to pull the sweep off the dozer to lift motor...

  7. #7Nige2022-09-13 08:20

    I would guess so. I can't imagine that it would lift out through the space between the sweeps.