lowbed driver said it wouldn't throttle up when he dropped it off. I showed up and it worked perfect for 15-20 throttle up-down. then it went to idle and wont throttle up. changed the switch with no luck. it has 10 wires going to it. I was able to eliminate 6 of the wires. they either had power coming in with key on or with lights on. the other 4 have no power to them and if I power them up with my power probe it trips the breaker on the probe.2 of the wires are numbered 200 and the other 2 are 229. checked for continuity from switch to big connector under hood and they check out good. I don't have a schematic or cat et and i'm stumped. not certain its a wire but it seems like it. anybody run into this before.:Banghead:Banghead
What's the SN?
Lay 1072
Ahh, remember the good ol days when it would have been a pin that fell out of the linkage, before the electric age complicated life
No doubt. Nowadays without a laptop your up the creek without a paddle. And since we only have 1 cat we won't be getting cat et anytime soon. The sn was lay 1078. My mistake
Generally 200 # wires on a CAT are grounds which are the signals sent to the E.C.M. by the switch for throttle control, I suspect you have a decelerator sensor problem but if so you should be getting a warning from the monitoring system. To access fault codes depress the operator mode switch ( has a check mark or the letter I ) several time until the display ( normally shows machine hours ) goes blank, then release. The monitor will then display fault codes one after another, each code has 3 sections first is the code for the E.C.M. that generated the code then the circuit effected and finally what is or was wrong with the circuit. You will want a pen and paper, if the words SERV CODE appear while a code is displayed it is currently ACTIVE. I can explain what the code numbers mean and look at a schematic if you need me to! Mike Koehler [email protected] 951-255-2241