Just purchased an old Case 450 dozer. Was running fine yesterday, but this morning when I started it up, the motor ran fine, but it won't move. The torque converter gauge shows no pressure but the transmission is full with clear oil. Any ideas would be appreciated. I am new to dozers. Terry
Terry M, Do you have any other info like 450B s/n ########## case made several and it always help's to give that info. I would start by cleaning the strainer and replacing the filter, the suction lines have hose clamps that need to be tightened, the trans pump should be mounted on the rt side of the engine, tighten all clamps following the suction lines going back to the trans sump. You may have to drop the lower pan to tighten the hose at the trans. Recheck for pressure on gauge on dash. You may just have a air leak, or a hose that has closed up under suction not allowing oil to the pump. I can give you some other things to check but need the s/n so we are talking the same machine.
Sheepfoot, Thanks for the help. I will do all your suggested steps today. The Case is a 450 (No letter designation), Serial # 3059706. The brakes don't work but the master cylinders are full. The pedals won't move the push rods. It needs some paint and TLC, but the machine seemed to be good to my inexperienced eye. The motor starts at the first push of the button and runs very smooth. The sprockets and front idlers are in good condition and the gentleman I bought it from has replaced 4 of the ten bottom rollers. It's a great project machine for my retirement, and after I get everything working properly, I intend to use it on my small bush lot. So, any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Terry
Have you had any luck getting it moving yet?, did look at the s/n also, most people never used the brakes on those with the power turn set up.
Sheepfoot, I checked and cleaned the strainer, which was really dirty. I am waiting for the filters to come in but in the meantime, I have cleaned 4 tons of dirt and grease from the machine. The serial # is 3059706 and it is a 450 (No letter designation). As soon as I have the oils and filters changed, I'll be trying it out. Thanks for all your help. Terry