Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6 serial number

therber ยท 2020-04-14 09:56

I fully admit I am brand new to this forum and new to Cat equipment, I am looking at buying a D6 Dozer and I am hoping someone here can help me identify the year form me. The serial number I have found is on a plate on the left side of the engine block and it is: "9U23915" I think it might be pre 1959 but not sure. Thank you! Tim

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2020-04-14 11:13

    With that age of a machine you might be well advised to join ACMOC and ask the same question in their forum.

  2. #2Old Magnet2020-04-14 11:53

    That's a 1956 model and will have the desirable oil clutch and provision for Direct Electric Start. Good machine if it's not beat to death.

  3. #3therber2020-04-14 12:51

    Thank you Nige, Thank you to you also Old Magnet. The owner has told me to go get it running and bring it home and mess with it, It was running 2 years ago. I think I can buy it real reasonable. It needs a little TLC , it has been converted to Direct Electric start already, the left front track roller is bad, but the rest of the undercarriage is decent. Tim