Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6b dozer blade question.

D6Dave ยท 2011-09-10 16:51

Hello all. The right side of my dozer blade is approx. 3 inches lower than my left side. I am new to this. My first dozer. Using it around the ranch. Any idea's to fix? Is it something worn out or can I adjust it?? I will post pics later . Thanks to all in advance.

Replies6
  1. #1D6Dave2011-09-10 20:34

    http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309636_272425252775422_109381809079768_1110889_1541320743_s.jpg Dozer on level ground, rightside of blade/lower.... (trying to figure out how to post actual pic....sorry

  2. #2DPete2011-09-10 21:02

    If there's no tilt cylinder there should be adjustable braces running at an angle from the rear of the dozer to the push arms. You turn them to adjust tilt, unless they have been welded then you are outta luck

  3. #3D6Dave2011-09-10 21:15

    Thanks for the reply. There is no tilt cylinder. There is a adjustable brace (approx. 3 ft long) running from push arm to top of blade, It looks like that might adjust the angle or pitch of the top of the blade....but not sure. No other adjustable braces on dozer though...

  4. #4DPete2011-09-10 21:16

    Lengthen or shorten to level your blade, Raise the dozer a little off the ground first.

  5. #5D6Dave2011-09-10 21:20

    Thank you sir! Thats exactly what I have. I will attempt to adjust tomorrow. This forum is a great help. Thanks again.

  6. #6DPete2011-09-10 21:26

    There should be a recessed grease fitting to grease the threads, if it has been neglected you might have trouble, If one won't work try the other. I had a D8H with musle tilt You are welcome.