Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6C 76A Serial Number Plate Location

jscott ยท 2014-10-24 12:34

Hi - New member here but have been lurking for a few years. I've recently bought a 1963 D6C 76A and would like to know where the serial number plate should be located. I've looked around some and can't find it. I need the number so I can list it on my insurance policy. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2014-10-24 13:02

    Here's an illustration of a generic tractor frame. The S/N Plate should be on the rear end of the frame inside the area of the red circle. If the plate is missing the S/N should also be stamped on the frame in the same location.

  2. #2Old Magnet2014-10-24 16:45

    Also on the left rear of the cylinder block.

  3. #3Nige2014-10-24 19:18

    But only if it's still fitted with the original engine.

  4. #4jscott2014-10-25 21:23

    Found it on the back corner of the frame. No plate but found the stamp. Thanks for the help! Pictures are always cool so here is one of the old girl. I'm working on clearing trees for a farm pond right now.