Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat Allis fd30 injection pump part ID

Sumner ยท 2014-10-23 20:55

I've got an FD30 which I replaced the injection pump on a bit ago, but had a quick question and hoped someone here can help. On the pump I replaced and the new pump there is an electric solenoid on the side of it, and I'm wondering just what function is performs? On the old one it was not hooked up, so I didn't hook it up on the new one either, but there was a switched on when running 24v wire near it that was taped up and I'm assuming it connects to it. The machine runs great and, but I am curious just what this is for. I have the repair manuals for the machine, and the parts books, but no where does it mention what it does. The black wire running from it is a ground, and if I supply power to the solenoid while running, I don't notice any change. The machine has the iveco V8 Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1thepumpguysc2014-10-24 06:09

    That is the cold start solenoid.. it allows for more fuel at start-up.. You might want to hook that up, seeing your in Canada..

  2. #2Sumner2014-10-24 09:33

    Thanks! Should the power supply to it be a constant on when the machine is running, or should the power to the solenoid turn off once the machine is running?

  3. #3thepumpguysc2014-10-24 12:27

    Most are energized to start and then off while running.. Really depends on the pump name plate..