Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6C, D blade up and down only?

davo727 · 2017-01-26 17:02

I didnt know if there is any control over the blade that lets you drop an edge down at all or its just up and down? I have ran a friends JD 550H 6 way blade quite a bit but never touched a Cat , Yet.

Replies4
  1. #1DMiller2017-01-26 17:07

    Basic dozer with side arms can come with either mechanical(by hand) or hydraulic angle, most are just square up/down with the typical D6C or D having this option. As far as a 6 way that uses a different lift arm system with a center pivot on the blade so can back angle to either side, then you can also drop corner angle for the added dimensions for 6-way.

  2. #2hvy 1ton2017-01-26 17:07

    If it has a power tilt blade, yes. D6C might not

  3. #3davo7272017-01-26 17:27

    Thanks, Anyone have pics of how much tilt can be had?

  4. #4hvy 1ton2017-01-26 18:35

    I don't have a pic, but it should tilt ~12-15° each way.