Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6C LGP blade serial#

pjcat ยท 2021-11-05 17:56

I was wondering if anybody knows hoe to crosscheck what blade serial# has been equipped on which tractor#??? What happened is our D6C Serial# 90B1849 Arrangement# 3Y4227 lost an end bit and broke the nut on a brace. When I contacted our local Cat dealer they wanted to know the serial# of the blade. But there is no more tag and also I couldn't find any # in-stamped. The dealer told me without the serial# he couldn't really locate the parts and he also can not crosscheck with Caterpillar which blades were equipped on which machines. So I was hoping somebody here is a little wiser. I added some pictures of the blade. Thanks a lot. Pat

Replies14
  1. #1kshansen2021-11-05 19:58

    I'm coming up with nothing, see Cat considered the dozer blade assembly as a separate item from the "tractor" s/n 90B1849. This is where finding a grey haired old guy would be handy! I'm sure there are guys out there who could tell just from dimensions number of bolt holes what edges you have there! Just for fun are there numbers on anything else connected to the blade? Not sure if those end bits had part numbers on the back side but if push come to shove I might try taking the other one off for a look.

  2. #2Bluox2021-11-05 20:48

    A 90 B is a japan built machine. My WAG would be a 21H or maybe a 41H. Call Cat with those numbers You should have a chose of 3 different size end bits. Bob

  3. #3pjcat2021-11-06 02:35

    I am not sure, I will have to check if I can find any part# on something else.

  4. #4pjcat2021-11-06 02:37

    Are these the first numbers of serials for the blade?

  5. #5Bluox2021-11-06 03:38

    Well that's what you wanted isn't it ? Bob

  6. #6pjcat2021-11-08 00:29

    I could pin it down to a 21H, you were right on that one. Thanks Bob. Now I can order the parts book on ebay and find all my parts. Pat

  7. #7kshansen2021-11-08 05:54

    Attached is what I was finding but was not sure if it was the right one for your machine. When I looked for the cutting edges I think it called for 31 bolts. Does that sound right?

  8. #8Old Magnet2021-11-08 10:55

    Blade in the picture shows outward facing diagonal brace sockets and pinned push arms. Doesn't seem to match either a 21H or 41H blade. Closest match I could find is a 6S 39Hxxxx blade 5A5431 Blade Group (2-piece cutting edge) and other matching features.

  9. #9pjcat2021-11-09 00:11

    It matches the serial of the tractor. Once I get the parts book I ordered I can check the different arrangements with what I got on our machine. And 31 bolts is right as well.

  10. #10pjcat2021-11-09 00:14

    I will check on that, when I get the parts book I should be able to tell which blade group I have.

  11. #11Old Magnet2021-11-09 12:06

    I'm looking at #5A,5S, 6A,6S Bulldozer Parts Book Form #XMBP9845 (printed in Japan) Covers s/n's 17H, 18H, 21H, 39H, 40H, 41H, 12J, 13J, 16K

  12. #12Bluox2021-11-09 12:19

    While you are looking at your book count cutting edge bolts . Bob

  13. #13pjcat2021-11-09 12:25

    That's the one I ordered.

  14. #14pjcat2021-11-13 01:29

    I got my book today and looking through everything I could pin it down to a 21H serial, blade group 5A7952. I agree with you the picture of the socket on the blade in the book doesn't match with how it is on the blade on our machine; but I believe it is an error. If you go to page 51 in the book where it shows push arm and brace group, you can see the socket now facing the other way around.