Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6C LGP blade tilt not working

pjcat ยท 2024-07-12 03:06

Started our dozer today and to my surprise the tilt on the blade was not working. Was working fine the day before. Linkage is ok and I didn't see any hydraulic leaks or anything else suspicious. The blade raises and drops ok. When I press the pedal for the tilt I can hear the pump working and the hoses seems to receive pressure. So when I press the pedal the piston retracts only very slowly and not all the way; and then when I press to extend, it goes with kind of normal speed but only til the straight blade position. I was thinking if there is maybe something with the valves in the hydraulic tank going on? Is there a easy way to check? I was thinking maybe I could somehow switch the raise and tilt hoses to check? Any other good idea or somebody else experienced something similar? Thanks Pat D6C LGP Serial 90B1849 Hydraulic control 163 Serial 16H3887

Replies4
  1. #1Dave Neubert2024-07-12 16:48

    need to put a gauge on the line and see if you have pressure, if you have pressure it is a cylinder problem if you have little or no pressure then you will have to split hydraulic tank and check relief valve out

  2. #2pjcat2024-07-12 17:29

    Thanks Dave. What would be nominal pressure?

  3. #3Dave Neubert2024-07-12 17:44

    2100-2400

  4. #4pjcat2024-07-14 13:48

    Well turned out to be something simple: I have a set of quick disconnect couplers on the hydraulic hoses going to the tilt cylinder right in front of the radiator grill and one was disconnected. I didn't see it in the beginning because they are wrapped with tape and protective spiral wrap. A branch must have hit it loose. All good again. Thanks