I have a '63 D6C 76A that the torque converter pressure gauge and hour meter do not work. For the pressure gauge, the gauge reads "0" all the time but the machine operates as it should so I suspect the gauge is faulty. It appears to be the original gauge. I started to look into it last night and found the gauge is connected to a steel line. Should I crack the fitting at the gauge and see if any oil comes out while the machine is running? If no oil comes out, could the line be plugged? Any help on diagnosing this gauge is appreciated. I also found a second steel line that is not hooked to anything right next to the line connected to the pressure gauge. Any ideas what this extra line might be for? Both lines look to be original. The hour meter was replaced at some point. I'm assuming I could use a multimeter to check for voltage while the machine is running and then either investigate the wiring or the meter depending on whether or not I get a voltage. Any pointers on checking this issue out? Thanks for the help!
Torque pressure gauges were eliminated a long time ago. All you need are Engine oil and Fuel pressure, Torque and Coolant temp, an optional Coolant pressure gauge and corresponding Temp gauge with matching colour codes could be used. There should be an hour meter on the fuel system drive but if your dash mounted meter will run with power to it, power it up direct and ground it through a normally open switch in the engine oil gallery. Later Bob
Pressure switch I bought for my D6c10K to tap into oil gallery is 2N7744
I had some time to look more into the hour meter yesterday and found it was wired through a toggle switch on the dash. The toggle was broken off the switch so I had never tried to flip it on/off to see what it did. I was able to flip it on with a screwdriver and the hour meter started to work. I'll probably redo this with a switch on the oil gallery so I don't have to remember to turn the hour meter on/off. Thanks for the help.