Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6C Trunnion Balls

Mcrafty1 ยท 2024-02-01 05:28

I'm starting a new thread to get away from hijacking the original post titled Trunion repair? I commented on, I received the aforementioned trunnion balls from AgKit and they are the correct part for my machine, However I won't have any update beyond this one for a while, It's mid winter here in Maine and my open air garage isn't warm enough for me to do heavy equipment work at this time. Not much more to be said about it, other than the sale went smooth and the parts are correct, I won't know about the quality of the steel for some time to come. I will update as progress is made on the install and use.

Replies10
  1. #11693TA2024-02-01 08:13

    Could you measure the diameter of your new trunion balls since they don't have any wear? Going to be pulling the push beams from my tractor and would like sizes to compare. Mine, and yours were direct market segment competitors when new. Thanks,

  2. #2kshansen2024-02-01 08:55

    Hope this tread doesn't get flagged! I mean two guys comparing................

  3. #3D5Dan2024-02-01 09:18

    Mcrafty1, good you seperated from the other thread- Sad snow "season" in Maine this year...as I kid I remember the FEET we used to get...snowmobiling over the snowplow banks was like hitting an Evel Knievel jump!! I don't think they even use the wing plow blades anymore...but still, chilly out and cold steel work gets taxing/old FAST... So curious if you'll have to replace the end caps and end of the push-arms too? Or is the design(hope) the trunnion takes the wear (and maybe end cap too)?? I'd suspect you'll get 80+% back just by replacing the trunnion...

  4. #4Mcrafty12024-02-01 11:23

    I will get you a measurement asap, I put them away but will get back to them with a tape, I don't own a caliper.

  5. #5Mcrafty12024-02-01 11:26

    I won't know until I get it apart how much further I'll go with it. ....I try not to hijack a thread but sometimes it happens before you realize it. I don't do winter recreational anymore, so I don't mind the snow drought...but it was 16* below the donut here yesterday and it's going to be a LOT warmer than that before I start working on my equipment.

  6. #6Mcrafty12024-02-01 11:59

    Look by each side holding a tape across they measure 4 inches

  7. #71693TA2024-02-01 16:05

    Thanks for taking the time. Planning to look mine over in the next few days as the weather is finally breaking. Muddy mess everyplace now with the thaw going on.

  8. #81693TA2024-02-02 06:19

    Thanks again. I have a bit of "oscillation" in the front idler(s) to track frame clearance when the tractor is moving and going to get this tightened up. There are shims, and wear pads which are probably high time in usage. Hopefully I can either reduce the number of shims, or weld up, and surface grind the wear plates to restore to proper clearance. This will be easier to do with the push beams/arms removed.

  9. #9OzDozer2024-02-02 08:10

    Wow, they even supplied the trunnion complete with the mounting plate, all set just to bolt right up! I thought they were only supplying the trunnion ball alone, and you had to gas-axe the old trunnion out of its mounting plate, and weld the new one in! That's brilliant!

  10. #10Mcrafty12024-02-02 11:07

    Yes, the $607.90 price was unbeatable which included the 36.00 to ship them to my door. They weigh 57lbs.....EACH