Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6C Winch ajustment

Keith Phillips ยท 2020-10-12 13:55

How do I adjust the winch linkage so that it will engage spool out and in.

Replies7
  1. #1epirbalex2020-10-12 15:27

    Is that the model of the winch or the dozer ? Hyster have their model number cast on the side of their older winches .

  2. #2Keith Phillips2020-10-12 18:25

    There is no Hyster printed any where on it the Dozer is a 10K. The controls are three cables and the control looks like this.

  3. #3epirbalex2020-10-13 02:30

    That illustration rules out D series Hyster winches .

  4. #4Nige2020-10-13 07:08

    Can you post a photo of the winch.? Someone will surely recognize it from that and be able to assist you.

  5. #5Keith Phillips2020-10-13 09:02

    I will get some pics today, thanks.

  6. #6Nige2020-10-13 09:36

    While browsing SIS I came across this. Go to Page 35 where there is a section on "Adjustment of Control Cables". If this is not for the same winch as the one you have I would guess that it's not going to be much help.

  7. #7Keith Phillips2020-10-13 10:06

    That Is the winch that I have. This installation fill is exactly what I needed. Thank you very much for the information.