Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu d41p avance hydraulics getting hot

davecampbell ยท 2020-10-10 23:02

Twice I have knocked the hydraulic cap off during clearing jobs. Today was the second time. The hydraulics have always run warm on this machine. But it seems to have gotten a bunch worse. I'm worried that I may have gotten leaves in it when I lost the cap. I have a friend that had one that lost an oring in a return valve that caused a lot of hydraulic heat. I'm going to buy a heat gun and see if I can figure out where the heat is coming from.

Replies10
  1. #1Vetech632020-10-10 23:07

    There should be a strainer in the neck of your hydraulic tank that should prevent that.

  2. #2davecampbell2020-10-11 08:19

    That would make sense. My dozer doesnt have that and neither does my parts dozer.

  3. #3Welder Dave2020-10-11 12:50

    Don't know about Komatsu but my Cat doesn't have a strainer on the hyd. tank. My skid steer does though. It would be almost impossible to knock the hyd. cap off the Cat because you have to pull a little lever up in order to un-thread it. How is the Komatsu hyd. cap attached? Maybe you can adapt some sort of guard or lock to prevent the cap coming off.

  4. #4davecampbell2020-10-11 19:28

    Komatsu is a simple quarter turn cap like a radiator cap

  5. #5davecampbell2020-10-22 21:25

    I swapped out the entire control valve assembly, and that seemed to fix it.

  6. #6davecampbell2021-03-19 12:17

    Its getting hot again. Burned up my pump this time. Ive got to figure out what is creating the heat and maybe add a better cooler to this thing. Cooler is a simple pipe zig zagging in front of radiator.

  7. #7davecampbell2021-04-06 10:40

    the heat seems to originate from the end plate of the control valve that the pressure relief valve mounts into. there are a couple of other valves in that plate. I cant find any mention of them in the repair manual or the parts manual.

  8. #8davecampbell2021-04-06 13:51

    Heat seems to come from circled area.

  9. #9davecampbell2021-04-15 08:30

    It turned out to be a plugged up orfice in loadsense circuit. It was trying to close the unload valve when hydraulic demand was not present.

  10. #10CodyCope2024-04-08 13:42

    Where was this at? I have a d41e-6 that is loading the motor up while not moving, when you move the blade or ripper it takes the load off the engine. I am about to take some stuff apart as soon as it is cool enough to touch. Komatsu only offers o rings or the entire valve bank for $6400.