I changed the fuel filter in my D6C serial num 96u. Started it up and went about 30 ft and it died and won't start. When I removed the old filter it was full of diesel. Should I have filled the new filter with diesel before I installed it.
If it's like my 10K there is a hand priming pump on the fuel pump. Crack the bleed valve and pump until fuel runs out drain hose. May have a bleed screw on the top of fuel filter housing too. Bleed the system and it should start right up.
Are you sure of the S/N? SIS shows a 96U as a 14G Motor Grader. If you have the full S/N I could look up the full instructions on filter change, but there is most likely a priming pump near the filter and a bleeder valve to vent off air. Many people will fill fuel filters but that may not be the best idea as the big hole in the center of filter is the outlet so if you pour fuel in there the fuel will not be filtered before going to the fuel injection pump. A little dirt any you could have big problems.
I bet the serial number is 69U. I saw one for sale on Craigslist with that SN in this area.