Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3 Steering is sticking

BenH ยท 2014-05-15 16:18

When I let off the left pedal the machine continues to turn to the left unless I hit the right pedal to straighten it. Is it more likely to be a sticking clutch or sticking brake? How can I determine which it is? And what adjustment or repair would be necessary to fix it? Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1Bob/Ont2014-05-15 19:53

    Clean off dirt, then free up and lube all linkages and see what happens. Later Bob

  2. #2pp13bnos2014-05-16 00:15

    On my series 2, my linkage for the parking brake (behind the dash) was sticking sometimes, not allowing it to return occasionally. Some penatrating fluid, and moving it a bunch made it better. CJ

  3. #3BenH2014-05-16 12:03

    Clean dirt off what? Free up what? Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm new to this. I've pulled the access covers and there's a long rod going from the steering pedal back up under the seat. Do I need to go back under the seat somewhere to access whatever it is I'm accessing?

  4. #4AllDodge2014-05-16 12:10

    +1 with Bob, My D3B has bosses on the top of the pedals which return springs are attached. One of mine broke part of the boss off, so I welded a washer to the pedal and reattached the spring Edit: also look for the springs on the end of the rods under the seat