Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6D 20X – engine shut down

Richardjw~ ยท 2022-11-06 12:38

I am doing a D6D for someone, the sleeve-meter pump has had some issues which i seem to have got to the bottom of now except.....the low-idle and shut-down positions of the throttle linkage don't seem to work correctly. The machine had a hard, neglected previous life and when it came to the current owner we found that the big spring behind the ally casing on the throttle splined shaft was broken, we replaced it and tried to set the low-idle speed screw but it doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever.......pushing the throttle lever forward just sees the engine speed get lower and lower until it kills itself. Also is there a set of measurements for all the throttle linkages - pin to pin lenghts or something similar

Replies6
  1. #1tctractors2022-11-06 15:41

    Send the pump to Colchester Fuel Injection, Simon is the man and he will sort the pump and put all the correct settings ready to just refit, the governor housing plus the fuel elements near always need effort, plus the fuel pressure pump in the front section is near always worn out, if you want to go in deeper by yourself it's like most things the first 1 is the hardest, if you get stuck feel free to call me, I will tell you it's not worth the agro' chap. tctractors

  2. #2Coaldust2022-11-06 21:02

    Shaft was broken? Hmmmm. The sleeves are probably rusted and seized.

  3. #3Old Magnet2022-11-07 12:08

    When you replaced the spring did you follow the specific orientation? Out if index effects loading of the idle speed shutdown mechanism.

  4. #4Richardjw~2022-11-07 13:03

    Yes, it might come to that. I have made progress from the last time we spoke. It fires up nicely now......I was quite chuffed with that.......just this last bit on the speed settings is annoying. Anyway i got your number

  5. #5Richardjw~2022-11-07 13:04

    All the insides of the pump are working fine now......I am working my way outwards. It starts up handsome, sounds nice. Just gotta get the revs right

  6. #6Richardjw~2022-11-07 13:05

    I must confess that I didn't index that spring. Thanks., I will for sure take a look on my next visit