Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Service, Parts, and Operators Manuals for 2002 CAT D5G xl

Heavy Chevy ยท 2022-11-05 22:23

I just made a gentleman's agreement today to purchase a 2002 D5G XL but most definately need to get the service, owners, and parts manual so that I can begin studying the machine. I want to d a full serivce on the machine as soon as I get it home. I either need email links with the electronic manuals or site where I can order the manuals.

Replies41
  1. #1bccat2022-11-05 23:09

    You will need a full serial # of your machine,

  2. #2Nige2022-11-06 05:37

    Agreed. There are multiple options for manuals that change depending on Serial Number.

  3. #3Heavy Chevy2022-11-06 06:14

    Ooooops! forgot to include. Here are all the numbers: PIN: *CAT00D5GVFDH00770* MODEL: 3046 SN: 5XK32507 ARRANGEMENT# 1745998

  4. #4Heavy Chevy2022-11-06 06:15

    PIN: *CAT00D5GVFDH00770* MODEL: 3046 SN: 5XK32507 ARRANGEMENT# 1745998

  5. #5Heavy Chevy2022-11-06 06:16

    PIN: *CAT00D5GVFDH00770* MODEL: 3046 SN: 5XK32507 ARRANGEMENT# 1745998

  6. #6Nige2022-11-06 06:33

    That narrows it down. FDH-prefix, build date 26th Feb 2002. Operation & Maintenance Manual - SEBU7479 ($52) Parts Manual - SEBP3363 ($124) Service Manual - RENR5510 ($790) First two listed can be downloaded in pdf format from Cat Publications at the prices indicated. Service Manual is not available for download. Price shown is for a CD from https://www.servicemanualpro.com/ Places such as eBay can often toss up manuals at prices less than new. for example this paper Parts Manual that would sell today for $149. https://www.ebay.com/itm/134090727244 Here's a paper version of the service manual that currently retails for over $1000 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/334456483926?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=20200818143230&meid=92edd911ba884f658326bcd09fbcf11f&pid=101224&rk=2&rkt=5&sd=314055451695&itm=334456483926&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2047675&algv=DefaultOrganicWeb&brand=CAT&_trksid=p2047675.c101224.m-1

  7. #7Heavy Chevy2022-11-06 06:50

    Nige, Thx so much!!! That is the information that I need and will acquire all three. Soon as I purchase, I plan to do a full service myself once I become knowledgeable of what needs to be done. I'm sure that alone will pay door itself. It's a 20 year old machine but it sounds and operates good. The blade has a little play.....not sure yet, what I need to due to replace pins...would like to perform all work myself.

  8. #8brwesi2022-11-06 10:32

    I am mostly a lurker to learn, but I recently bought several pallets of complete service manuals from the Tx DOT. They covered street sweepers to road graders. Your dozer is among them. Service manual D3G, D4G D5G Track type tractors. These manuals don't look like they have ever been opened. I can look to see if they have the listed publications. I don't have an application for them so would be willing to sell them. Let me know if you are interested. I have sets for Cat motor graders as well.

  9. #9Nige2022-11-06 11:04

    Can you check the Publication Reference on the spine of the binder.? There are at least two versions, RENR5510 & RENR7310. The former is the one that the OP needs for his particular machine Serial Number.

  10. #10brwesi2022-11-06 13:35

    Mine is the RENR7310 so it appears we can't help him out. That is a shame. This is the first time I have looked at this manual, pretty impressive documentation.

  11. #11Heavy Chevy2022-11-06 17:09

    Thanks for that clarity. I was hoping Brwesi had what I needed as well! Now I know what I'm looking for....still got the one you linked me to on Ebay.

  12. #12Heavy Chevy2022-11-06 17:12

    T I sure wish you had the correct version. Thx so much for posting as I was about to hit you up and then I read Nige's comments as well.

  13. #13Nige2022-11-06 17:24

    Apart from a brand-new copy of RENR5510 for sale at $950 the one I linked was the only one I came across (on eBay at least). All the others on offer were RENR7310.

  14. #14Heavy Chevy2022-11-06 17:43

    From the link you sent me, I see a few used ones as low as $422.50 that appear to look good.

  15. #15FWD2022-11-06 18:17

    2 weeks ago I bought a Cat 936 loader 33Z12XX, I was lucky to get operators, parts and a thorough service manual all very reasonably priced and in excellent condition on Ebay. I know it's an older machine, but a lot of times as they get older, the manuals aren't available. Hope uou find what you need. FWD

  16. #16Nige2022-11-07 04:40

    I forgot to mention before but a question to always ask the seller of a used manual is "Is it complete.?" Usually amongst the photos is one of the index tab (below), the first page inside the binder. However many document numbers are listed down the RH column (apart from the bold ones, they are the separator tabs) that's how many there should be if the manual is complete. Note that the Index includes an Operation & Maintenance Manual and a fold-out copy of the electrical schematic. So the manual below should contain 20 separate documents if it is complete, the one right at the bottom of the list is optional.

  17. #17Heavy Chevy2022-11-07 05:01

    Thx Nige! I know what to look for now! Another question, do you know if this machine should have a backup alarm. I tested the dozer out Sat but I didn't hear a backup alarm.

  18. #18Nige2022-11-07 05:06

    Backup alarm should be standard. Did the existing owner possibly disconnect it if it was bugging him.?

  19. #19Heavy Chevy2022-11-07 07:32

    I just sent him a message about 30 mins ago asking the same question. I asked him to have his mechanic take a look at it. The heat worked great but the AC didn't so mechanic is supposed to look at that as well. Hopefully a simple fix...i realize it is a 20 year old machine but that is part of the reason I'm commiting to purchase...enclosed cab with heat/ac.

  20. #20Heavy Chevy2022-11-26 20:43

    Nige , Nige, I have another SN for you. The other dozer after making the verbal deal, the guy started "waffling" on me and ghosting so I have moved on and found another CAT. It is a 2007 D5G LGP. The SN: MHK14804. Would you check what manauls I need for this machine....I didn't want to assume they were the same manauls as for the previous. Maybe I will get lucky and the guy with the pallet load will have what I need this time.

  21. #21brwesi2022-11-26 20:49

    If it ends up the manuals I have are what you need, let me know and I will verify what is included. There is a sheet that lists each section.

  22. #22Heavy Chevy2022-11-26 20:55

    I sure will once Nige gets back with me. I'm hoping that you do.

  23. #23Drag racer2022-11-26 22:57

    I need service I need repair manual for Cat D3C serial number 5KG01070 form SENR3800 if you have.

  24. #24Nige2022-11-27 05:35

    That's the engine Serial Number. The tractor S/N is RKG02621, actually manufactured March 2006. Manuals are as follows:- O&M - SEBU7801 Parts - SEBP3827 Service - RENR7310

  25. #25brwesi2022-11-27 07:13

    Looks like we may have the right literature this time. I will verify document details and get the information posted up..

  26. #26Heavy Chevy2022-11-27 08:13

    Thanks Nige!

  27. #27Heavy Chevy2022-11-27 08:16

    I see that you have what I may need ....so looking forwared to the information and if the Service Manual is complete.

  28. #28brwesi2022-11-27 09:52

    I have been sorting through the Cat boxes and I have complete service manual RENR7310 and an O&M manual SEBU7801. I do not have a parts manual. I also have a variety of manuals for DC3, SENR3800 and others for the same series of machines. Manuals for Cat graders 120H, 135H, Cat track loaders, 933C and 939C and 924H wheel loaders,

  29. #29Nige2022-11-27 09:55

    Does the RENR7810 binder also have a copy of SEBU7801 in it.? It should be listed in the Index but may have disappeared over time as they often go AWOL.

  30. #30brwesi2022-11-27 10:05

    I need to go check, there is a stand alone copy.

  31. #31brwesi2022-11-27 10:06

    The binder # is RENR7310

  32. #32brwesi2022-11-27 10:15

    The binder indicates it starts coverage at RKG1 and up while the subject machine has a serial # of RKG0----, is that a problem?

  33. #33Nige2022-11-27 10:38

    No. "RKG1-Up" is Cat shorthand for "from first machine built", so it's fine for the machine in question.

  34. #34Heavy Chevy2022-11-27 11:16

    Once you check what Nige said, inbox me then we can work out details for me to buy your set.

  35. #35brwesi2022-11-27 11:52

    SEBU7801 is in the binder at the very back. It doesn't appear this manual was opened very many times by the original owner.

  36. #36mike holcomb2022-12-27 10:51

    Hi what book would i need for WGBO1130 D5g ? thanks

  37. #37Nige2022-12-27 12:33

    Here are the appropriate manuals for WGB01130. Prices below are for a new one and may attract S&H charges on top of the cost: - SEBU7801 - Operation & Maintenance Manual $52 for download, $61 in paper form. SEBP3827 - Parts Manual - $124 for download, $146 in paper form. RENR7310 - Service Manual - $550 on CD, $765 in paper form. As above if you get a complete copy of RENR7310 it should also have a copy of SEBU7801 in the back of the binder.

  38. #38kshansen2022-12-27 12:51

    And like I like to say to anyone who starts hyperventilating at the prices for those manuals give the local dealer a call and ask what a service call would be for four hour job including the round trip travel time.

  39. #39mike holcomb2022-12-27 13:42

    around a grand to 1500. they were just out last week lol

  40. #40mike holcomb2022-12-27 13:46

    Thank You for your time

  41. #41Nige2022-12-27 13:56

    Service Manual paid for the first time you need to use it then - result.....