Anyone Know the Part # for the hydraulic pump on a d6d 4x ?
Gear pump listed as a 9J8771 which is also equivalent to a 8J3635. This is for the #163 Hydraulic Control if that's the one your looking for.
Not sure on the # 163 how do I tell that ? thanks
Get the s/n off the hydraulic tank and also the tractor s/n.
Ok I will get that .Thanks
on a D6D 4X the gear pump for the hydraulic system in my parts book has 3G4768 listed as it's p/n. I just replaced the same one earlier this year and used that same number to order. I do not know what the previous poster was talking about because I can't find a 163 unit in my book.
What tractor s/n are you looking at? 4X6608-up uses the 3G4768. Early versions with hydraulic system s/n's 7X1-up, 8X1-up and 9X1-up have the #163 Hydraulic Control and use the pump I posted. Won't be able to sort it out until we get some s/n's.
he said in his first post he had a 4X.
But there is a Serial Number break in the 4X-prefix. 1-6607 use a 163 Hydraulic Control, 6608-up uses an integral hydraulic system and the pump Part Number changes between the two. Don't need the exact Serial Number of the tractor, just which serial number range it falls into.
well then there is the rub! the serial number means everything..
sn 4X45?? cant make out the last 2, the tag on the hydro tank is 8X4170 .thanks
8X4170 is the Serial Number for a 163 Hydraulic Control. My system shows the pump as a 9J-8771 which is listed as being replaced by 3G-4768. Just to muddy the waters there are a couple of other pumps listed. However it should be easy to sort out what pump you have. Does your existing pump have a gear mounted on the pump input shaft and secured in position with a bolt and lockwasher, or does it simply have a splined shaft on it..? If it has the splined shaft it is 9J-8771/3G-4768. If it has a gear mounted on the input shaft the pump Part Number is 3G-4661.
I will take it off & check the shaft. Thanks to all of you for your time.
My reference also shows 3G4768 = 8J3635 = 9J8771, all splined shaft.
O yea will it come off past the oil cooler or does the cooler have to come off, not much room there?
It will come off. Generally have to take one cap screw out of the line clamps on the cooler.
Thanks , I can breath now.
Well the 3g4768 with the spline fit I found the other one (with the gear) fits the D5 on the front of the engine mine is on the rear.I t is much faster and stronger but still has the same whining noise when you raise or lower the blade any ideals ? Thanks
I'd be looking into pump suction related issues. Restricted piping, collapsed hose or air leaks. Does it do this when oil is both cold or hot? and are you running the right viscosity oil for temperature conditions.