Im working on a 450C for a friend and have ran into a problem that I cant wrap my head around. At first I was having problems with the float holding properly until I replaced the float detent. Now when lowering the blade and putting it into float it the float detent works properly by holding the thimble but the blade doesnt actually float for about 7 seconds and then continues to lower, the only way I've been able to make the blade actually float is to physically hold the handle in the lower postion until handle linkage is bottomed out. Letting up on the handle just a little bit will allow it to continue to lower. Was wondering if anyone else has some insight on this or has ran into a simular problem?
Sounds like an adjustment problem. From what you describe, I think its not getting enough movement. Is your handle super sloppy?
The handle still has some play in it after replacing all roll pins and links but nothing like it was! Its weird because it almost like the float detent isnt holding it down far enough to open both sides on the piston.