Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6D LGP Tracks Rub

Heavy D ยท 2012-01-10 01:30

I recently bought a Cat D6D LGP 1978 which grouser shoes are new 41". She came off the line with 36" shoes so now they rub in certain blade positions. I torched 3" off both sides of the shoes which saved the tilt cylinder. However, the right side upper blade support has taken a few hits when the blade swings on the turns. Any suggestions? I want slop In the blade but how much is too much? I am a rookie on a blade, any suggestion on operating this type of machine? Anything to watch out for on the machine? I would appreciate any advise. She is a good machine and I want her to last a long time even though a rookie is operating. She is too old for my employees to operate and She is my weekend toy while I am clearing my property. If anyone has any manuals I am interested?

Replies1
  1. #1Heavy D2012-01-12 23:18

    D6D Rule I wish I had bought this D6D sooner. It is a blast to push slash piles. Ritchie Bros. special 1978 4100 hrs. LGP for 20k. Starts in the cold, purs like a kitten strong pusher. It has a Hyster winch once I get hydra. to it where should I start to get it going?