Well, I scored a 1984 td15c with a carco f-50 wench this summer. For 8500.00 hundred bucks and 48 yards of 2" rock I got the dozer a 85 ford tri axle dump and a 80's international 4900 water truck. I used the dozer a bit until the cobbed up mess that was holding the right track frame to the dozer gave out. (the thing that slides up and down keeping the track frame aligned). I spent the last week trying to put that mess back to orginal. I found out from the komi dealer put a new/rebuilt motor in it about 6 years/1800 hrs. ago. The issue that I have now it the cable that attaches to the top of the wench is broken. This is the free spool lever. I pulled the top of the wench apart and for the life of me I cannot fugure out how to get the cable free from the fork. Any suggestions. Also does anybody know where I can get a new one.:beatsme Im trying to get pictures to load but I guess I need a smaller camera because they say there to big.
You will need to resize your pictures. General Gear in Salt Lake City has IH and Dresser parts as does Collins Equipment and parts in Dresden, Tn. (1-731-799-4005) They specialize in TD 15 and TD-20 equipment. FWD
I laughed @ the camera line. Ask the guys over at redpower if no one here can help.Sound like you made a very good trade to me.
Roland Machine in Wisconsin and Ill also still does alot of IH/Dresser parts, etc. I am guessing you are talking bout the stabilizer arm, that pivots between both track frames? never seen one of them broke, have had to do some build up over the years but nothing more than that. Trbo
usually the cable is threaded into the fork but there is a set screw holding the cable sleeve to the the winch. you need to undo the set screw under the lid of the winch and spin the cable counter clockwise....easy stuff ... all dpends on the style of lever and length of cable you can send me a pic and i can help [email protected]