The turbo exhaust housing on my D6D is starting to get some small holes in it. Does anyone know of place that sells a new exhaust housing or a better turbo to upgrade to?
Cat should have a Yellow mark or check with any equipment parts place should be easy to get
A Serial Number and someone could probably give you a part number.
Better still a part number off the turbo if it still has the tag on it, or the turbine housing casting number.......
We did our D6C this year, not sure if these are the parts that rusted out on yours? If so, I can check the source of where the parts came from. New muffler & stack on ours too, while we were at it!
I am not seeing any numbers on the turbo. Its the housing on the turbo.
If Cat has reman do the entire unit, you get into trying to save the cartridge or a end housing and becomes a time consuming money pit anyway. Nige gave Offroadeq.com as a good site, Have not used them yet.
There were two different designs of engine fitted to the D6D. No one can help until serial numbers are provided. Early ones had the 3306PC, the later ones the 3306DIT, and even then there were horsepower differences, so probably different turbo's fitted there as well. The easiest way would be to look up Cat SIS by opening a free online account.
3306PC 3N72987
Best I've been able to do with that S/N is the following: Not positive if this is the exact one as it only says 3N69600-up Also if I check those turbo numbers I'm not seeing any yellowmark parts It does show reman might be available OR5809, I did not check for price and availability.