Hello everyone. I have been trying to find rollers for the dozer and have 2 questions. 1. Is there an actual difference besides part number between the newer R33965 (spec for 1974 and on) and old d49923 (65-72)? While trying to find the difference between undercarriages... I noticed a rather large leak. Under my slave cylinder on curbside there is a perfectly round hole.. it looks like a plug might go there. The other side is perfectly flat but indented about 1/4 inch. 2. Any idea what goes there? THANKS AND HAVE A GOOD DAY.
The answer to your roller problem is I believe the track frame is a bit wider on the newer machines. You can contact Heavyquip in Memphis TN @ (901) 396-7071 and they will be able to help with new rollers. I would like to see a better photo of what you are calling a slave cylinder. A hole in anything that leaks is not good.
Thanks Coy. I found out about the leak was missing a freeze plug, and after way to many hours of research found out exactly what rollers I had and needed.
There is a difference between the two rollers. Both the numbers you listed are top rollers, is that what you are looking for? The D49923 has a shaft diameter of 1.5". It appears that it is attached to the roller stand by one 5/8" bolt that threads into the end of the shaft from the backside of the stand. The R33965 has a shaft diameter of 1.75". This roller is attached to the stand different. The shaft has a scalloped notch that lines up with a hole in the stand and a 1/2" bolt and nut is used to secure it to the stand. Case says the D49923 is superseded to the R33955 which is a very similar number to the R33965 but not the same. I'm not sure if you can find the D49923. The Berco part number for this roller is CA262. The Berco part number for the R33965 is CA349. This roller is readily available and is for the 450A, B, and C models. Hope this helps. James