I was on the machinery trader and noticed some D6g's and was wondering why they are only offered over seas? I have never seen a 6g over here in the states. They look like they would be good machines. I guess they replaced the 6d and 6e machine.
I think in the US they are D5K or D6K.
They have some pics on machinerytrader.com and they look alot bigger than the K series. I was told that once that they dont have the tier3 emissions engine in them and cant be sold over here. I dont know how true that is. I will try to post the link with the pics.
Here is the link http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6662738&GUID=D18DAC5F074348B480070F9FEA6C6902
Cat D6G I believe the Cat D6G is built in China, under Cat License. Just for the Asian market. They been out for some time now.
Cat D6G The Cat D6G replaced the Cat D6E. Interestingly, the Cat D6G is built in various countries, Brazil, Japan,China, Indonesia. Starting 1996 in Brazil. And still being built in China and Indonesia in 2008. 3306T engine , 155 hp, weighs 34,000# Footnote in one CPH #35 , dated 2004, says , not sold in the USA, Canada, Japan?? or Europe .
They are also still making D7G "series 2", available in Austraila according to the Australian Caterpillar internet site. 3306DITA engine, low track, "n" shape transmssion lever slot, big steering clutch levers, very basic looking apart from the air-conditioned cabin. They are obviously aimed at customers not wanting all the new style electrics. Anyone out there had anything to do with them? They look like they would be a good machine, very simple and reliable, and not much different to the original D7G.
Here a pic from a Japanese ( left ) and Chinese ( right ) D6G
The D6G is not sold in the US, Europe, etc.. because it is not emissions complaint.
I would like to have new dozer like that without all the electronics. Maybe I could work on it myself. I love my 6R but a 6G would sure make a good second machine. Not to mention that you could probably put an inexperienced hand on it without much fear of him tearing it up.
dumb question: if kyoto orginated in japan, why are they running the lower emission standard?
I bought a couple of used 1992 D6E tractors a few years ago from Midwest. They had the tractors and put side booms on them for us. The tractors were very nice, clean, low hour units built in Brazil. As I remember they got the 50,000 pound hydraulic hoist and a longer boom. Our D6D's and C's were limited to 40,000 pound hoists. Much better price for these than used D6H's with the same setup. No ROPS or cab.
I recommend not buying a grey or black market machine. We have two D7G's (two of the last ones, built in '97, sold in '99, made in Japan) and we recently had to go into the engine. Everything was fine until we realized that we needed a turbo. Yancey Bros. had no information on the s/n, and the part number was screwy, too. Ended up installing a new turbo, and the tractor is definitely not the same. (Way less power.) I guess what I am trying to say is, be careful with tractors made overseas.
They don't, Japan (MOC) has nearly identical emissions level requirements as the EPA and EU. Just because it is built there, doesn't mean it is sold there. There are a lot of machines built in the US plants which are for export only because of emissions regs.