Good morning everyone, hope everything is going well. I have a D5H serial Number 1DD06899 that we did some engine and electrical repair on and it sat outside for a month or so and started it up, it was probobly a bit below freezing, and it would not drive, no issues before other than a complaint of poor steering when turning left when hot, just a bit sluggish. Oil level is good and oil is clean, I get 30 psi on main relief test port on top of filter housing. The shaft from torque to trans turns slowly, much not like normal obviously because of low pressure, I can see the pump losing prime but then there should be zero pressure I'm thinkin. When running there is a large amount of air blowing out of trans filler cap so I wonder if there's a seal blown somewhere and excessive oil is entering trans case??? There is a couple pounds of lube pressure fortunately. Anyone seen this? Looking for ideas please, Thank you kindly
pull your magnetic strainer and check it
If the breather is blowing air I think that indicates a suction side leak on the trans pump. Check the lines and mag screen for leaks or blockage.
Thank you guys, been other machines in the shop so once i can push it inside i'll have a look, thanks again.