How does a guy go about changing brake packs? Can a guy do it with transmision out or do you have to split tracks and take planetary out?
On an H I think the brakes are in the finals.
Hello 4730. John c is right the brakes are part of the final drive. I believe that the h is diff steer. You will have to remove the diff steer from under the seat. Then you can pull your final drives. Pulling the transmission won’t get you access to the brakes. What makes you think that you have a issue with the brakes? There are pressure test ports on top of the final drive flange where it bolts to the case.
I don't remember an H with differential steer. All I looked at had finger tip steer. Now that I think back on it, maybe the clutches and the brake are all in each final drive. Someone will come along with a link to the parts or maybe a section from the manual they could share.
Post a Serial Number for detailed information on how to do the brakes. The D6H can be either differential steer or steering clutches and brakes.
Yep, serial number req'd D6H Series 2 diff steering is the same as Cat video...left side and requires removing diff steer pump before removing final, diff, steer and brake as assembly
Can you removed all that from the outside of the machine?
Something I just remembered is that there are 4, 12 point bolts on the flange where the final drive bolts to the case. Don’t remove those. If you do that then the steering clutch will stay in the case when you pull the final drive. It is a real b*****d to get them out once that happens.
Yes, after removing the steer motor and adapter. Also, remove inner-outer axles AND: need tooling FT1952 axle removal tool, 1U7432 adapter assembly etc, etc. Used to reach in and slip 'sliding carrier off the bevel gear shaft'. Then the whole assembly (1750lbs) comes out like non-diff steer. Ref: serial # 3ZF5700 D6H Tractor Differential Steer Supplement SENR3697 Dec 1987 For Brake Service Only / Left Brake (in Chassis) 4115LT, 1X-017 A. remove final drive (left side)
Ser # 6cf000687 sorry I didnt get back earlier this machine is still having transmission heating problems. We have done trans, torque,oil pump,oil cooler and brake valve. but no brakes yet did all pressure test and they come back to spec . Works great for 2 hours then heats to 125 celcius and will finnaly put buzzers off. *** this thing driving me crazy.
Has anyone ever used a thermal gun to find hot oil an a dozer or any equip? If a guy could find were the oil getting hot would be great ! Wonder if would work
Check the priority valve for the brakes. If your parking brakes are bleeding by it will rob pressure from the transmission and cause it to slip which will create heat. There are two pressure taps on the flange of the final drive. One for service brakes and the other for parking brakes. Check pressure there as well.
Was anything ever resolved on this I have a d6h s/n 9kj and my converter temp is getting upwards of 250 degrees new cooler and pump and I noticed that when I set park brake with machine running it won’t set until I apply pressure to pedal and if I stop to let cool down if I set park brake it will slowly start heating back up
Yes took final drives off and got brakes done a seal was leaking causing brakes to drag heating up dozer after a hour or so of working. On ours whoever had it before us had put in new transmission because I will guess that the brake took that out and torque converter to
Have u guys cleaned coolant radiator? that worked out for us. That and the side panels .