Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6H with c7 Acert motor.

Jasonm230 · 2021-12-16 18:25

Dozer Came to me with excessive blow by in bottom end when you pull dipstick tube it will spew oil 6-10 ft. Anything I should check before tearing motor down and checking for broken ring. There’s no air compressor and I unplumbed the turbo to make sure it wasn’t the turbo.

Replies10
  1. #1.RC.2021-12-16 19:24

    Has it been repowered. I would have thought all D6H's would have had a 3306.

  2. #2Jasonm2302021-12-16 20:59

    It’s quite possible it has but it’s an avert motor which makes me think not? It’s definitely a c7 and not 3306. Customer said he bought it from auction 3 months ago. Runs fine other than massive blow by which apparently he didn’t check for at purchase.

  3. #3Jasonm2302021-12-16 21:10

    It may be a 6.6 tier 4 but it’s definitely not a 3306 I’ve been inside a few of them in

  4. #4Jasonm2302021-12-17 12:44

    This is a D6N that they rebadged at the auction I’m guessing. Broken ring cylinders scarred all to hell. How this thing was running so smooth I have no idea.

  5. #5Nige2021-12-17 15:20

    Someone being a bit heavy-handed with the ether.? Got any Serial Numbers for tractor and engine..? I'm just wondering if it's a Frankentractor. It doesn't seem logical to me for someone to re-badge something as being an older model than it actually is.

  6. #6Ollie2021-12-19 19:35

    No of a company would put 8k decals on 8h fleet for 30$ hour more government job

  7. #7Bluox2021-12-19 22:53

    Try D6N serial CCG C6.6 engine. Bob

  8. #8Delmer2021-12-19 23:21

    I'm assuming that means the blow by tube is clear? Does that have a filter at the top of the tube that you clean also?

  9. #9Jasonm2302021-12-22 12:50

    So after further investigation. Machine is a d6n which should have been obvious to me with how hi tech the cab was lol. No idea how it ended up with d6h decals they appear legit not aftermarket. It’s a c6.6 Perkins not c7. Someone has been in the motor before there’s dmg to the +6 rod where it looks like it was knocked out of cylinder with a screw driver and 3 of 6 sets of rings broken into hundred pieces most of which missing or in bottom of pan. How the machine was running as smooth as it was when it came to me I have no clue.

  10. #10Jimbo2021-12-25 13:58

    Used to export machinery into Mexico; seen more than one tractor re-badged to a different(older) model to comply with whatever import papers the buyer had/wanted to pay duties on...