Does anyone have a schematic on this? Someone chopped up the harness behind the compressor presumably to bypass something but I have no clue what they did or which of these 4 plugs go to the low pressure switch, refrigerant switch or the compressor.
A Serial Number would greatly assist in getting you the schematic you are asking for ........ please refer to my signature line below
Probably right sorry it's C6E1270
That Serial Number refers to the engine installed a D6N, Serial Number DJY00226. Now I'm really confused ..........
I can see what happened - you put the engine S/N as C6E1270 instead of the C6E2170 stamped on the plate. Nice to know I'm not the only dyslexic one around....!! Your machine Serial Number is in fact DHA00298, even though it's shown on the plate as a "Sequence Number". Here's the Schematic
No your for sure not sir and thank you your a life saver man
One more question. Where is the ac clutch relay located on this unit?
Schematic says here
Item 1B in the illustration below. To give you an idea of relative locations Item 6 is the fuse panel. It's the same Part Number as pretty well every other relay on the machine so for a test swap it with another one. 1, 1A, & 1B are all the same P/N.
Your the best man thanks
Where is that 1B location of relays exactly, I am removing a lot but cannot find the relays , are they under the floor , i am about to give upcand rewire the whole a/c,
Under the floor of course, corroded …..
Hi Nige 1) Can I use a 12v relay? 2) is one of them the fan reverser ? If so , if it is bad is that why my fan never reverses ? So many problems in this newest of 5 cat dozers of mine. Other work done on it before I ever saw it (sloppy,engine change) has made many time bombs go off on it constantly. 7 hoses so far rubbed cuts in them.
3E-5239 is a 24volt relay. So, no on using a 12v relay. On the web, anywhere from $8 to $38. In the meantime, you could borrow the horn relay
I posted this above, but, apparently overlooked
Thanks for the reply, I figured a 12v one would burn up. And Yes I saw the diagram first , I found the 3 under after removing the floor. The a/cclutch relay was hanging down loose and cane out in corroded pieces. The horn relay worked and a/c is working perfectly now. I am amazed that there was a reverse fan relay on this early D6K, reverse fan never worked and all the techs at Cat had no clue , said it must not have it. It has the options for it on the screen but they never worked. I will try the horn relay on that next. No reverse fan makes for warm hydraulics on a hot day, making this cat nearly useless in hot dusty conditions. Constant cleaning of radiator group and a lot of idling to cool oil . Not thrilled about this cat except it is a super fast finish dressup worker. It runs circles around the older ones doing that.
I think your idea of reverse fan is a bit off, or mine is. The fan has a normal, everyday, direction, and, on a preset interval, it will reverse for a short period, to help keep the core clean. Then, normal operation resumes. It doesn't run reverse constantly.
Thanks for the reply, I figured a 12v one would burn up. And Yes I saw the diagram first , I found the 3 under after removing the floor. The a/cclutch relay was hanging down loose and cane out in corroded pieces. The horn relay worked and a/c is working perfectly now. I am amazed that there was a reverse fan relay on this early D6K, reverse fan never worked and all the techs at Cat had no clue , said it must not have it. It has the options for it on the screen but they never worked yes, but it never will do that reversal at all, I have to shut down , open side door of engine and brush all the sphagnum moss hair , spruce needles and leaves off the inside of the radiator. It really gets warm if I don’t
It has a selection in the settings but will not allow me to select an interval, almost as if someone de programmed that function with a laptop or something.