I am having a problem with my Cat D6K Dozer (2007). I have replaced both batteries (and cables) and replaced the alternator which the old one seemed to be charging but was very hot to the touch. I am still getting an error message that says the following: "Machine ECM E179(2) Alternator Not Charging Change Operation" I would guess it would be a loose wire or a relay, but don't have a wiring schematic. Could anyone help with the following?? 1) Location of the Alternator Relay? If there is one 2) Wiring diagram or advice on the THREE wires coming off the alternator. I replaced the wires exactly like I removed them, but afraid that they were not connected correctly to begin with?? One of the wires was very small and I am guessing is the "control wire" ??
I sent you a message.
Also having this same issue replaced the alternator and still has code for not charging cat 07 d6k xl
Alternator is putting out 28.v but code still won't go away
Got a Serial Number.? Makes it easier to look up info.