Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6K dozer wont move, blade wont move, and scanner won’t power on. Need to move it

avg joe · 2025-04-23 11:47

I'm trying to get this Dozer to move so I can get under it and fix some wiring at the speed sensor however only the motor turns on and it won't move anything. (Tracts, blade) The serial number is DHA01340 Everytime I hook up our HD scanner, the scanner won't power on and the machine acts weird, all the dash lights go turn off, until i unplug it. So can't get codes that way nor clear codes. (Not sure why my code reader won't power on) Found a couple of wires near driver seat damaged and fix those, thinking thats why I can't move it however no luck. Is there a way to get this dozer into limp mode to move it? Also here is a list of codes (A) active I have A036 2417-05 A039 41-04 148-03 190-08 1707-05 2113-03 2305-04 Any ideas? Thank you!

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2025-04-23 12:17

    All sorts......... Your 036 Code is in the engine. 2417 refers to the ther start aid and is not your problem at this time. The 039 Codes are in the Monitor System. First of all 0041-04 is the 8v power supply to the machine sensors. No 8v sensor on the machine will work if this is Active. I suggest you start with that one. Next up would be the 0148-03 for the travel pressure sensor. Procedure attached I'll send you an electrical schematic. Keep an eye on your message inbox.

  2. #2Nige2025-04-23 12:28

    Continuing on. The procedures for the other 4 Codes are here. I would say look at the ones for the operator present switch and the LH drive motor solenoid as a priority and the other two afterwards.

  3. #3avg joe2025-04-23 19:43

    Thank you for everything! I figured her out and got it up and running. I really appreciate the help!!

  4. #4reganj2025-04-23 21:05

    May I inquire as to what the problem was so others may learn from your difficulties. Thank You

  5. #5TheIrishStone042025-04-23 21:21

    Agreed. Nige did a great job with his diagnostic procedure but it’s always nice to know what was actually found in the process.

  6. #6avg joe2025-04-23 21:40

    Sorry yes! the belly pan got damaged and allowed debree to enter into the unit.. thus exposed the wiring harness to the left drive motor.. well they knew about it but kept driving it until it shut off and got it stuck with alot of stuff underneath it. After essentially digging it out found the wires and connectors broken and shorted out. Cut all the wires out. Then moved it to a location where I can make new connectors and pigtails for the left motor. All is good now. The broken wires caused the 8v circuit to go down, so nothing would move or work until the short was sorted out. Something to look for if you can't move the blade or the dozer. Check for damaged wires. And of course always ask the operator more questions. Lol