Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6k serial number look up?

Superave ยท 2020-10-20 22:29

Hi can someone help me figure out when this unit was made? And if I can change the undercarriage or have to go with the same it came with. I read somewhere on here you can get a half link to tighten the track chain? but I couldn't find any other info, Pin d6kcdha01081 Thanks!

Replies6
  1. #1Per Eriksson2020-10-21 14:45

    Machine Serial Number - DHA01081 Machine Build Date - 2009/02/06 There's offset links avaliable if the chain needs to be shortened but in my experience the chain has a problem with 1 or more worn out "box" sections and will fail completely in the near future and putting money into it is a total waste, we always replace the complete chain when there's a problem since we absolutely hate them and they are a bitch to work on compared to the traditional style track chains. To repair 1 failed box 5 pads need to come off, 4 outr links pressed off, the pressed on again which always is a hit and miss process and pads reinstalled, then a few weeks later it's time for the next and so on..........

  2. #2Per Eriksson2020-10-21 14:52

    Some not all D6K's can be converted to normal track system instead of systemone, your's cannot unfortunately since it only have 7 rollers says Cat.

  3. #3Nige2020-10-21 16:20

    Some fellas down in hill-billy country have done it ............. no idea how though. But the photo is of a D6K with a 7-roiller track frame equipped with Heavy Duty track groups. According to Cat it cannot be converted from SystemOne to HD. Start at post #285 about half-way down the page. Oh, and ignore the fact that they managed to wrap the tracks backwards.......... HeavyEquipmentForums

  4. #4Superave2020-10-22 11:59

    Thanks guys much appreciated, I'm going to research it as much as I can, I really don't want to use system one again.

  5. #5Nige2020-10-22 13:35

    Send a PM to member "walkerv" and ask him to put you in contact with whoever did that D6K in the other thread I linked to. Maybe they can give you some pointers.

  6. #6Bluox2020-10-22 20:22

    That tractor has 8 rollers . Bob