Hi, Does anybody have a idea what can be a problem in 2017 CAT D6K2 (sn JTR). Problem Description: During blade solenoid valve calibration pressure based (lift, angle, tilt) then it FAILS holding the joystick in the end position (for the function currently being calibrated), the blade does not move when calibrating ET shows amperage and pressure values, but the pressure does not rise (normally, when pressure starts rising, the amperage should also change — this does not happen) Calibration is SUCSESSFUL when calibrating operation several times Blade Speed Adjustment Not Working: Changing blade speed through the operator display menu has no effect — the speed remains constant regardless of settings. Jerky Blade Movement: Blade movement becomes jerky or inconsistent during operation. Actions Already Taken: Joystick and Solenoid Calibration: Calibrated the joystick and implement valve solenoids using both pressure-based and visual-based methods. Solenoid Inspection: Removed the floor plate and swapped solenoid positions for different operations (e.g., raise, angle). Inspected spools and springs for mechanical issues. Recalibrated Solenoids: Repeated solenoid calibration procedure with the same results — no improvement. ???: Can problem be in software (software in machine control is 5384052-00) - if there is newer soft for it and what it fix and does anybody can share it to me)) or Can problem be in solenoids - then is it possible that all of them are in bad condition at same time? Additional information: If needed i have a product status information in pdf Engine software 6243085-00 DEF 5548955-00 Display 5254023-00 Machine software 5384052-00 Thanks for feedback!
All the software is latest available except the DEF which updates to 5502902. I can't see that affecting an implement system calibration though. A PSR in pdf format might be interesting to see.
PDF is in following google drive link JTR_PSRPT.pdf drive.google.com
See the first two lines at the top of page 9. It appears that your machine is equipped with Accugrade, does it also have the lift/tilt cylinders with the position sensors.? I would have thought it would have them.
Thanks for the quick feedback, Nige. If I remember correctly, I can say that the machine has a lift cylinder without sensors, and the tilt cylinder sensor installation needs to be checked – but I think it’s also not installed...i changed tilt cylinder hoses and dosent saw it there. I remember that on the left side, near the middle of the blade, there is a position sensor. I can check it in the middle of the week. What I forgot to mention is that the machine used Trimble before, and now it has a Leica 3D system. But I don’t think that should affect the machine. Also Leica 3D is calibrated after machine calibration.
Aftermarket grade control systems can do all sorts of weird things to machine electronics. Just keep the possibility in mind.
Do the “pressure based implement valve calibration”. Trying to do the visual one does not work with grade control systems properly Then tool automation valve calibration
Yes, but at the moment I don’t have any updates available for this software. The first time I performed the calibration using the visual method , and the second time I used the pressure-based method . After calibration, the blade movement became smoother—both at the start of motion and at full-speed movement. However, the operator is trying to adjust the raise, lower, and tilt speeds via the display menu , but it has no effect. I believe that when trying to adjust tilt or raise/lower speeds , the MCM (Machine Control Module) is supposed to control the maximum current to the corresponding function solenoid . The operator can change the valve speed setting between 0–200 , so if you fully move the joystick, the function speed should be limited according to that setting—correct? Why does calibration sometimes fail due to no pressure rise or no amperage change during the procedure? I’ve noticed this issue on almost all functions , and I had to repeat every failed function . Eventually, the calibration completes successfully after retrying.
Your machine should display a calibration error code after a failed calibration. Remember this code?
Hi Code was 104E - During calibration, the Implement ECM could not obtain a valid, constant baseline pressure needed to complete the calibration because pump discharge pressure varied too much. · Measure current to the solenoid or solenoids indicated in the calibration. The solenoid current should be matching what is shown in ET during the calibration. · If the root cause is not found, replace the solenoid or solenoids indicated in the calibration and run the calibration test again. New solenoids dfitted and calibrated....problem ei same - can't adjust valve speed in dispaly unit.
If you say that the calibration is now successful, but the blade speed is not adjusted via the monitor, then try updating the monitor flash files. Your machine currently has the latest machine and DPF flash files installed. And the monitor flash file (Display 525-4023) is already out of date, there is a new flash file 550-290. Try installing it. Also try using CAT ET to change Configuration - Machine Control D6K2 - "Blade Control Response Configuration". You can also additionally update the engine flash file, this has nothing to do with the problem, but a new flash file 654-3696 is available for the engine of your bulldozer.