Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8 Recoil spring ?

chidog ยท 2025-07-08 04:09

Is this how all you experts do this job?

Replies6
  1. #1chidog2025-07-08 12:46

    So who has done D8 or D9 Recoil springs here? It is about the only thing on these tractors I have not played with. Oh what takes a bunch of them, I have done all by myself. And the parts are much cleaner going back together.

  2. #2Deimos2025-07-08 12:55

    The guys did everything great))) They just didn't clean the dirt well in the places where the parts were connected.

  3. #3chidog2025-07-08 21:10

    So that window is great?

  4. #4Deimos2025-07-08 21:20

    They'll weld it and everything will be fine. On older maschines, the metal of the roller frame tolerates welding well.

  5. #5tctractors2025-07-09 15:14

    This can be done easy using a head frame, good thread rod and a hydraulic cylinder and the bottom roller removed, I would never cut the springs if I could save it.

  6. #6chidog2025-07-09 19:43

    I think I'd be trying to deal with relaxing the spring leaving the track on, even with a good rod in it. I can have lots of tricks up my sleeve for doing this sort of stuff. Oh and still at my age would not need any more monkeys involved to help, I work best alone. And wow, that nut using a hammer to install it. Can you imagine torching on that huge spring and no eye protection? I just don't see how they do it.