I'm running a d6m on a ranch here and I've got all the zerks taking grease after the PO neglected them except one. It has a six way blade I'm not familiar with this setup. The zerk that's not taking grease is where the frame of the blade connects to the tractor. The zero is roughly 2-3 inches above the pin. My question is is the canal straight I've tried digging around in there and can't make it take. Tried everything short of pulling the pin which looks like a mother bear to do. Keep popping the heads off the zerks. Any ideas Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
If you can get to it try drilling the dirt out with a small bit, careful of the zerk threads. I know that fitting from rentals we've had, pretty well hidden so probably did'nt get much attention. Welcome to the forum
Thanks for the welcome. I know the PO and he doesn't know what a grease gun is so I'm not surprised. It feels to me like the grease canal makes a 90 after threads just wanting to know if that's the case pretty much means I gotta pull the pin. Trying to save the boss an $$$$ mech bill after 2 weeks on the job Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
if you will look at the front edge of the frame right below the grease zerk you will see a flat piecs of strap welded down the frame. that piece of strap is the port that the grease travels through to get to the pin. i have ground off and repaired a many of these. they get stopped up with dirt pushing in from the pin and bearing end, if you do not clean and repair it you will be doing a line bore soon. trust me on that.
Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
Is the grease canal in the strap or between the strap and frame Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
between the strap and the frame. grind the old strap off, clean everything good.take a piece of flat bar and put a little arch down the middle and weld it back on.
Grease plugs are worst right where the pin packs the rust and dirt into the hole. So wouldn't the most important part be the end of that channel where it (guessing?) connects to the hole drilled to the pin. If you can grind that end off, the channel will probably clear to there easily with a couple shots of grease, and then clear the hole to the pin and weld it back. Just to save a tiny bit welding.
Have you tried keeping pressure on ti with a flexible hsoe and have some one move the c frame up and down? I have made a lot of them work this way.